As I wrote earlier this week I was looking forward to go to London.XPDay London was in my knowledge the first XPDay in Europe and I had good memories about it.
This year was a special year as they tried out a new format. A lot more open space and only a few programmed sessions.
I like the Belgium BarCamp’s a lot. I have been planning to go to Agile open for a long time, and I ‘m ready to participate in The Open Core somewhere in 2009.
That was also a reason for me to see how this would go for XP Days London.
I don’t know what other people felt about it, but I really enjoyed it.
- I followed a session on the recruitment of an agile team.
- I followed Joseph Pelrine Session about coaching Self organizing teams
- I followed Koen’s Dimensional planning session
- I gave a lightning talk about an agile reorganisation I did at the belgium Post (I will talk about that in a later blog post. )
- I gave a session with Vera about Team Motivation vs Individual Rewards Systems
- I participated the Shrink Coach open space session
- I learned about PairProgramming Retrospectives
- I announced my idea of having regular Agile Coaches meetings in Belgium
- I talked with a lot of “old” friends
- Met people in real life I only read online
- Made new friends
- Had some offline chats about the Agile 2009 missing stages discussion.
- Sessions I missed:
As always at a conference I missed more sessions as I did follow. Luckily for me I was now able to follow the Joseph’s session about self-organisation.
Now I finally now why. Not only that, he had some great other models as a replacement. We did not have time to discuss Tuckman model, but I loved the new model’s Joseph gave us. I can see where I can use them to understand my current team.
It also explained very nicely why we Belgium’s agilist’s prefer to teach people by exiting games and not by boring lectures.
I already uploaded my pictures about Xpday London to Flickr
If you have been to this XPday or any other, and are a member of Linkedin feel free to join the xp day group at linkedin:
This year I did not connect so much with the English crew as what I had planned to.
Filed under: Uncategorized |